If your looking for a fun project that you can use in your home, these personalized pillow covers may be what you’re looking for. Using stencils, you can make your pillow say whatever you would like. My “tween” age daughter joined in on the fun, but still needed some assistance. (Just in case you’re thinking of getting young children involved, you can even find a picture stencil if that would seem easier than stenciling letters.)
For my particular pillow, I chose the saying, “Coffee, books, & rain”. Don’t get me wrong, I love the sunshine, but there’s something cozy about enjoying a nice cup of coffee, reading, and rain. It also makes me want to sleep sometimes. Haha! 🙂
My daughter chose to stencil “Books & rain” on her own pillow cover. She has always liked to curl up and enjoy a good book when it’s raining outdoors, as well.
Here is what you’ll need (pictured below). All of the items were found at Walmart in the craft and hardware section:
- A drop cloth (I used a 6×9 size because I was covering about a 26 inch pillow. I had plenty left even after making one for my daughter as well.)
- Multi-Surface acrylic craft paint
- Stencils (A 2 oz. bottle was more than enough for my big pillow)
- Spouncers (These sponge things are awesome for stenciling!)
- A Matte Finish spray (to spray, seal the acrylic paint to the fabric)
- Needle & thread and/or sewing machine
Here is a link for the directions. She easily has them all laid out for us. http://www.thewonderforest.com/2013/06/5-minute-pillow-covers-tutorial.html
And here is a couple more pictures of our fun! 🙂
I hope this might give you some ideas to create something special for your home, family, friends, or as a gift!