This time of year it feels comforting to have something warm to eat or drink. I’m always looking for easy recipes that bring some comfort to my family. Using the Crock-Pot is such a blessing! I am a “stay-at-home” wife and mom, but that doesn’t always mean I have a lot of preparation time to make dinner. On those busy days, for sure, I try to use the Crock-Pot to more easily get dinner on the table. Yes, it may take a little preparation to get what you want in that slow cooker, but later when you’re all sitting around the table, everyone will be so glad you did! 🙂
Creamy Italian Chicken is such an easy recipe.
You only need a few ingredients:
1 or 2 chicken breasts (I even put mine in frozen sometimes)
1 packet of Good Seasons Zesty Italian, Salad Dressing & Recipe Mix
1 (10 3/4) can cream of chicken soup, and 1 can of water
1 (8 oz.) block of cream cheese
Rice or Pasta to serve with the creamy chicken poured over it.
- Place chicken breast(s) in slow cooker.
- Mix salad dressing packet, can of soup, can of water together in a bowl. Pour over chicken.
- Cook on High for 2 or 3 hours, low for 5-7 hours.
- During end of cooking time, maybe 20-30 minutes before done, cut up block of cream cheese and stir into slow cooker mixture.
5. Chicken will fall apart. Can shred with fork. Serve chicken and cream over your choice of rice or pasta. It works well with both. 🙂
*If you’re worried about it being too rich, you can put half of the cream cheese in. Also, you can buy reduced sodium soup if you desire less salt.